Location: 1261 Muzzy Rd (west of Edgewood Avenue)
Hours: April through November
8 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
9 am – 3pm Saturdays
Closed Sundays & Holidays
IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL NEED, PLEASE CALL 937-652-4330
Compost Coordinator: David Moody, III
Materials Accepted—Yard Waste Only
The City of Urbana Compost/Mulch facility only accepts yard waste and only during operational hours (when staffed by a person).
Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, brush, garden waste, tree trunks, holiday trees, prunings from trees or shrubs, recycled tree mulch and chipped tree material.
The City of Urbana reserves the right to deny the acceptance of yard waste based upon large quantities, size, condition of material, etc.
Other Yard Waste Rules
- Yard waste must be source separated which means items cannot be mixed (for example, no mixture of brush and leaves or no mixture of leaves and grass clippings).
- Containers, plastic bags, and binding material use the “Carry-In/Carry-Out” policy—these items must not be left on-site.
- Prohibited material includes, but not limited to, trash, litter, hazardous waste, infectious waste, construction & demolition material, asbestos or waste containing asbestos, batteries, food waste, liquids, domestic and farm animal carcasses, animal waste, industrial or agricultural waste, or other non-source separated material.
- Customers must obtain a receipt from the on-duty attendant before using the Compost/Mulch Facility.
- Depositing yard waste during non-operational hours without the express written consent of the City of Urbana is considered littering and liable to prosecution.
|Grass & Leaves||
|Car load (nominal)||
Trailer Load (up to 12 ft in length)
Single Axle Stake-bed/Dump
The cost of other sized loads is determined by the on-site
attendant in coordination with the WWTP Superintendent
mulch purchase fees
|Triple grind mulch||
LEAF PICKUP 2017
The City of Urbana leaf pickup will begin on Monday, October 30, 2017 and conclude on Monday, December 4, 2017.
Please have leaves to the curb or street edge for pick-up. Pickup is for leaves ONLY. Do not place trash, limbs or garden debris in with the leaves. Any leaf piles with debris will be left for the homeowner to dispose of.
Please do not rake your leaves out and park on them. The machines cannot get under a car. There is no spring leaf pick-up so please rake your leaves to the curb or street-edge before the deadline.
Limbs and garden rubbish should be taken to the compost facility. Non-woody debris is free. There is a small fee for debris containing woody items.